Saturday, November 16, 2013

Operation Christmas Child

Every year for as long as I can remember I have filled shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child. It is a program run by Samaritan's Purse which gathers shoe boxes full of goodies for children all over the world. I always do at least two shoe boxes each year, one for a girl and one for a boy. This year was no different. I am linking up with Jennifer at Charts & Chit Chat: Best Practices For Teaching and showing you what is inside my shoe boxes. I would love to see you link up with her as well and see what you filled your shoe boxes with.

http://bestpractices4teaching.blogspot.com/2013/11/operation-christmas-child-box-linky.html


 Both of my boxes stuffed to the max

 I chose the 5-9 year old age group this time for the little boy and these are the items I included: Scooby Doo coloring book and crayons, panda bear toy, 2 Leis, 2 small sports balls, socks, a mini card game, Mickey "watch it grow" washcloth, 2 containers of playdough, and a toothbrush and toothpaste.

 I also chose the 5-9 year old age group for the little girl. In her box, I filled it with a Princess coloring book and crayons, Koala stuffed toy, two girl colored Lei's, hairties, a princess card game, pair of cute girl socks, 2 containers of playdough, Princess "watch it grow" washcloth, and a toothbrush and toothpaste.

If you are curious about what Operation Christmas Child you can go to this LINK to find out more or you can check out Jennifer's post from last week. She does a great job of explaining exactly what this project is all about.

3 comments:

  1. We do that too! My mother-in-law's birthday is Nov. 9, and for her birthday, we always go shopping and stuff shoe boxes. It kinda brings in the holiday season for us. We're also doing it with our small group this year, too.

    You know, you can track the progress of the boxes if you register it through their web site!

    What I Have Learned

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did a classroom shoebox this year where all my kids brought in different items to stuff our box! It's always a great way to get kids involved and teach them the importance of giving.

    ReplyDelete