It’s Friday :)

Happy Friday. Man what a week. It was Kindergarten registration the last two days and boy what a treat it was to see all the incoming kinder kids. Some little loves sure are something…hopefully they find some how should I put it…calm….to them over the summer because wow-eee were they a treat. Haha

I am relaxing from a very busy week and thought I would link up with Doodle Bugs for her Five for Friday linky.

fiveforfriday

1. The Spring Fever bulletin board I put together. The kids made the bird part of my Spring Fever Craft pack and I made a big Spring Fever Bird for the center. The flowers are made out of tissue paper.

100_2520

100_2525
I love how this kiddo was doing so well on the “stictching” and then all of a sudden he cut off half the birdie’s face. Sure gave me a good chuckle.

2. We talked about chickens and where they come from today. I whipped up this cute chick poster so we could write different facts about chickens on it. The turned and talked/brainstormed different things about chickens and where they come from and I was blown away with what they knew. It was fun to start a discussion about the life cycle of a chicken. (I didn’t have paper that was big enough to do a big chick so I ended up taping several sheets together…hence the lines you can see in the body.)

100_2531

3. I thought I was going to lose a hand this morning while opening a science kit. They had the tote zip tied together and I had only a small space to get my scissors in to break it open. Well apparently the fatty part of my hand was in between the scissors and when I broke through the zip tie I caught my hand and a gigantic blood blister was the result.

100_2545

The swelling has come down tremendously since this morning, but boy does it still hurt and writing anything is a pain because the pens rub right on it.

4. And I know it is a Five for Friday, but I only have 4 good pictures for you and I am too tired to do anything else, so I will leave you with a “relieved it’s the weekend” picture of myself lounging in my bed….6:45 is an okay time to be in bed correct?

100_2554

Have a fantastic weekend friends Smile

9 comments:

  1. OW!! Your hand!! :(
    Your bulletin board is absolutely adorable!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stitching on the birds...might have to try that with ours! (thank you!!)

    Wonder if workman's comp covers your injury? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt the scissor pinch as I was reading about that...I got halfway through and thought..."Oh no, oh no, I know how this is going to end."

    Every time I see the current kinders in the hallway I say I quick little prayer for their teachers..because they really whip them into shape by the time I get them. I really do imagine it like herding cats...though the parents might get mad if we sprayed them with water bottles.

    Brenda
    You Might Be a First Grader...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your bulletin board Heidi!!! Those birds have always been adorable but the way you put them together...perfection! Hope you hand feels better soon! Eeek!!

    ❤ -Stephanie
    Falling Into First

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. Your chick is SOOOO cute and your bulletin board is ADORABLE. Love, love, love this post!

    Kristen
    A Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that bulletin boards. So cute!
    Michelle
    Fabulous in First

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Heidi!
    I'm a new follower!!!! I love your bird, he's so cute!
    Julie
    Primary Pointe

    ReplyDelete