Saturday, January 12, 2013

Visual Direction Cards

I hope everyone’s new year is off to a great start. Mine unfortunately has been spent sick. Going on day 6 without a voice, being unable to breath, and now this morning I woke up and feel like my tonsils (which I don’t have) are on fire and 10x the size they should be. Having to be at school all week didn’t help either :(

I am here today to share with you something that is most definitely a useful time/classroom management tool that I cannot wait to continue using in my classroom. The lovely and talented Ashley Hughes, from The School Supply Addict, not only makes amazing clipart, which I will talk about in a minute, but she also makes some pretty amazing activities and classroom tools.

Picture

I am loving her visual direction cards. They are crisp and clean looking and are a GREAT tool to have in your classroom. They came in handy on Friday when I no longer had the strength to continue repeating myself and the directions over and over again.

Presentation1

If you are anything like me, then you do not like having to repeat the directions for an activity over and over again. These cards will help to solve that problem. You display the cards you need for the give activity on the board and then go through them so the students know what you expect of them. Then, while the students are working, they are able to reference the cards on the board if they forget what the next step is. This allows them to answer the question for themselves instead of asking you every five seconds.

Picture4

Ashley’s Visual Directions Card pack includes 37 pages of directions cards. The directions cards come in 2 different sizes and also includes “directions” and “instructions” header cards and number cards to put the cards in order.

Picture5

I also mentioned Ashley and her amazing clipart. I cannot get enough of her clean professional looking clipart and she continues to create and post spectacular packs each week. Since I stumbled upon Ashley’s cuteness, I think every single pack I create has included pretty much only her stuff. My most recent pack, Learning In a Winter Wonderland: 10 Literacy Centers was packed full of amazing cuteness. You can see some pictures of my pack and Ashley creations by hopping over to her blog Smile Below you can see the polar bears and penguins clipart Ashley has in her store. I love the way it makes products pop and the kids have fallen in love with the polar bear and penguins cuteness :)

Picture6Picture7

This post is a part of the Product Swap hosted by Jessica Stanford at Mrs. Stanford’s Class. Hop over and check out other great products that are a part of the swap. :)

MrsStanfordsClass

9 comments:

  1. I love this idea! Especially not having to repeat directions over and over again.

    ~Diving Into Learning

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you're still sick, Heidi! I hope you feel better soon! Thanks for showing off Ashley! She's so talented!
    Ѽ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori. Hopefully the meds will kick in and this sickness can be over. I love Ashley and everything she creates :)

      Delete
  3. I love the direction cards so much! So sorry you are feeling so bad, but your ideas are adorable! Thank you for sharing!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi. I love Ashley's cards and the kids seem to enjoy them as well. :)

      Delete
  4. I just watched Ashley's video about your Winter Wonderland product; it looks fantastic :)

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine. I just watched it myself and Ashley outdid herself. Love that girl :)

      Delete
  5. Grrrr to being sick! And, Ashley's visual directions cards are the BEST!!! I love her clipart, too!
    Smiles - Lisa
    Growing Firsties

    ReplyDelete