Thursday, November 8, 2012

Fall “Bulletin” Board

You are probably thinking “Holy Smokes. Two posts in one week from Heidi. She must be ill or something.” No No friends. Not ill. I just found a bit of time and MADE myself write out a TON of posts and schedule them out.

I feel so bad for neglecting my little blog here. I have sooo much to say and my sticky note keeps getting longer and longer. I am sure you all can relate with the, “I just got home after a long day and I am exhausted and feel like doing absolutely nothing syndrome.” That has been me. I am going to try to get better. I promise.

Now, all of the teacher’s on my hall have adorable little bulletin boards that frame their door. Mine however does not. Everyone had such cute things up around theirs for the start of school and my poor door looked so blah.

So I decided to improvise. If they weren’t giving me a cute bulletin board around my door, I was going to make myself one.

So I got some bulletin board paper and started taping…to the wall…and got some more paper and made a tree and some leaves…and then it came time to staple everything on. That is…I thought I was going to staple it all on like you would any other bulletin board. And then I realized I didn’t have a bulletin board and I only had wall behind my paper. So I had to tape the life out of this bulletin board and ended up stapling the border to the paper using the method you would staple papers together.
All that work (and let me tell you it took forever doing it by yourself) and this is the final product…we have since added some activities we have done on the leaves, but silly me and forgetting to take pictures, I have none of that.
100_1945

I unfortunately didn’t put enough tape on the yellow background paper and the next morning came into find it on the floor all taped to itself :( But it is back up and still hanging….after millions of pieces of tape later :)

6 comments:

  1. I actually did think that. Haha!! I'm not any better with my blog, and I have a friend who blogs with me! The tree turned out cute!

    The REAL Teachers of Orange County

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, Heidi! It looks great!

    And I totally relate to struggling to find time to fit everything in...I just got my (supposed to be) Wednesday post up on our blog. :-)

    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of a bulletin board around the door! Your version looks adorable, and I hope the tape holds!!!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look ready for fall. I wish we had some of those colorful leaves here in the AZ. desert! :)

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your door looks SOOO cute!! I totally feel your pain of walking in the next day and having stuff on the floor because I decorate the hallway outside my classroom and we have a strict NO STAPLES IN THE WALL policy and am always finding student work on the floor.... I have become BFF with blue painter's tape because for some reason it works wonders!!

    Kristen
    A Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute bulletin board! They take sooooo long to put up, but they are always worth it! I love creating!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete